Colorado Rockies first base coach Rene Lachemann has become known for handing out souvenir baseballs to young fans, both home and away, but first they must sit through a lecture as the 48 year baseball veteran offers up life advice and instills a bit of his wisdom. It has become a daily routine for Lachemann, and often times it'll happen more than once during a game, but it never ceases to be entertaining once he gets on a roll.
On Thursday afternoon in Philadelphia, he got on a roll, and thankfully the folks at Comcast Sports Nets in Philly had a camera and microphone handy so they could document it all on film.
Trust me, it's a must watch video. And not just for the message, because Lachemann's delivery is entertaining as well.
Among the highlights:
• "When your dad says takes out the trash, you take it out. When your mother says clean your room up, you clean it up."
• "When you go to the bathroom, lift the toilet seat up. Don't be peeing on the toilet seat."
• "Don't do that either (play video games) or you'll be a dumb--- like this rest of these idiots (pointing to the players) out here. All they do is play video games."
• "Eat up all of your vegetables."
• "You go ahead and sit on down to watch the Rockies come back and whip up the Phillies."